The thesaurus can be navigated in several ways:
- If you know the hierarchical scheme, click on the Top Term on the left side of the screen.
- To browse the entire hierarchy, click on the Hierarchical View link at the top of the screen.
- If you know the first word of the term, click on the Alphabetical View link at the top of the screen.
- If you are unsure of the correct term, enter the term in the search box at the top of the screen. See search tips below.
- Use * for multiple character truncation
Ex: financ* finds finance, finances, financing, financed, and financial
- Use # for single character truncation
Ex: wom#n retrieves both woman and women
- Supports Boolean searching: AND, OR, NOT
Ex: control AND traffic NOT air